VR0GU3™: Unapologetic Hardcore VR Edition
Please note that the Unapologetic Hardcore VR Edition utilizes a touchpad walking-style of movement, which will likely make you sick if you are sensitive to simulator sickness. We make no apologies for implementing touchpad walking, as our goal is to provide a "hardcore VR" experience, but if you do tend to suffer simulator sickness, we must recommend that you should not buy this game.
ABOUT THE GAMEYou have completed your infiltration mission. You now have just 15 minutes to make your way through the corridors of the labyrinthine spacestation to the 5th Floor and steal a fighter.
Along the way, you’ll find ammo, medical packs, and weapon upgrade kits for enhancing your handgun, as well as information access panels from which valuable intel can be extracted using your omni-tools (Vive controllers).
Each floor of the station is random,Â as are the spawn locationsÂ of all enemies, which means every play-throughÂ will be different.
Every kill, each intel access point and each floor you complete grants your character experience points (XP), which will enable you to level up as you progress through a game. Be aware, though, that your enemies level up with youâas you amass XP for a high score, you also make the game that much more challenging for yourself.
- 15-minute VR gaming sessions â a brief, intense VR exploration and combat experience!
- Kinetic reloading mechanics â to reload you handgun, you need to eject the spent mag/drum (press Menu on your dominant hand), grab a replacement from your ammo pouch (with your off hand), and slot it into the weapon before you can fire
- Trackpad walking â for more a immersive experience!
- Keep your holosword handy...for close encounters â Out of ammo? Carve a path through the enemy until you can find more!
- RPG-lite, rogue-like character advancement (collect XP to advance your Level, which in turn increases things like your health and damage stats)
- PERMADEATH! â you have 15 minutes; no checkpoints; no saves; you die, you start over
- Rogue-like "dungeon" â levels are selected at random from a large pool; we will be expanding the pool of levels over time too, until players should rarely ever see the same level
- All enemy spawn locations are random
- Enemies level with you and the game increases in difficulty as you progress deeper into the spacestation
- No two plays through will be the same â endless replayability!
- Old-school difficulty â surviving to reach the escape point should provide a profound sense of accomplishment
The Early Access release of VR0GU3 is intended to help us gather community feedback on all aspects of the game. We invite our players to share their feedback in our Steam forums where all may contribute freely to the discussion. Jump in and contribute your ideas today!