The Space in Between
What if you could create your own constellations?
The Space in Between is an emotional dating sim about Asian-American identity, mental health, and stargazing.
Meet June, a spunky Chinese-American college student trying to make sense of her complicated relationship with her immigrant mother.
This is the love story between her and Miles, a quiet artist who is recovering after a harsh past with mental illness.
Set on a scenic stargazing trip, create your stories among the stars as you hear powerful narratives from the hidden ways Asian parents say âI love youâ to the social isolation of depression. Our game is a vignette into modern relationships, a story that will leave you calling your close ones to tell them you love them.
Look up, let go, and take a chance on the night sky.
- Create your own constellations and the backstories to them. Connect stars in the night sky to form your own constellation, and hear different stories about the characters depending on what constellation you form.
- Experience a nuanced perspective on the Chinese-American experience and mental illness. We merge representation with authentic storytelling through realistic dialogue.
- Relive the first time you fell in love. The juxtaposition of June and Milesâ™s silly banter and deep talks will surprise you.
- Two recommended playthroughs
- Original writing, art, and music