Don’t want to miss the latest news of The Rewinder? Follow us hereï¼
About the Game
A man went missing within this shadowed village. Rumor has it that a mysterious long-haired female was seen near the lake, calling passengersâ™ names. A Taoist master were hired to find her but returned empty-handed. The once lively village soon fell into ruins. Now there is only one left, with a shattered heart, she remains to wait in solitude... It seems that all these myths and tragedies are related to the village’s past.
Our main protagonist is a special one who can travel between the living realm and the beyond, hired by The Twin Spirit Warden to investigate the case that souls failed to enter Samsara, the cycle of life for rebirth. You were brought to an abandoned village that is filled with all sorts of seals and conjuring. By investigating those shattered souls, you will experience their memories, and find a Sanctum that rewinds time and alter their fate. The further you dig into the truth, the closer you get to discover more about your past. Whether or not you can help those souls re-enter Samsara depends on your every choice and deduction.
Now, enter the world of "The Rewinder", playing as a special one who is capable of travelling between the Bardo (reality and the beyond, present and the past). By travelling in timelines, you shall solve all the mysteries and eventually, unveil the truth of your own past.
- The rewinding feature and Ying Yang brings new and interesting challenges for players.
- Each time you change the past, you bring unexpected changes to the "present".
- Later in the game, the player will learn some special skills, although you may not use them in fights, they will help the player to seek out the lurking monsters beneath.
- Not all asuras (monsters and spirits) are hostile. Some may be hiding in corners, bonded by grudges and regrets.
- Players may also help them on their way to unlock achievements.
- There are some Easter Eggs hidden in-game, waiting for players to discover them.
- Many art styles were experimented with. We ended up using pixel art to render a traditional ink painting style. We believe it is unique.