Pocket Penguin ( ãã±ãããã³ã®ã³): A Game Boy Style Adventure
Travel back in time, with this game that will remind you how important it is to have courage to face the adversities that come your way.
Throughout action-color scenarios, meet Pichi , a blue penguin who thanks to his small size and incredible swimming ability has been sent on an adventure to return home.
Explore impossible worlds for a penguin, from a hot desert to a coral reef, fight enemies, solve puzzles and take on Nanuk, the pirate polar bear that attacked your ship.
Pocket Penguin without a doubt, a platformer adventure that will remind you of the Game Boy era.
To simulate the simple (but harder in some cases) style of the Game boy games, we used a simple phrase to guide the mechanics of the game. âUse bombs to attack. Use bombs to jumpâ This means that the core gameplay is based in two buttons, each one represents one action, so you will have to time your attacks in order to defeat enemies and interact with items.
- Lovely and original pixel art mixed with music comes directly from Game Boy. We used the sound chip in order to create a soundfont, that we can use later in Music Software.
- Five worlds that recreates a lot of enviroments in a specific order:
- P eaceful Plains
- O ld Desert
- L avender Ocean
- A utumn Forest
- R isky Ice
( Can you guess the secret word? )
- Two modes of color: a greenish palette from the Super Game Boy and the Game Boy Color mode (palettes for every world).
- Minigames that expands the main adventure.
- Enemies and some interactive items drop loots, from food, to coins that you can spend in âWarlus Martâ.
- Secrets items that are secret.
- And some easter eggs.